Think of an idea. Write it down. Get clarity. Feel better. That’s journaling in nutshell. It is that simple. And the best part is that your journal is private. It won’t offer any unwelcomed comments like you would get from your Facebook wall or Twitter page.
You can journal about anything. There are so many benefits to journaling such as it clears the mind, inspires creativity, and it is very therapeutic. And the benefits don’t end there. To help you get started on your journaling adventure, and yes it is an adventure, here are some journal prompts to write about that will inspire happiness:
- If you could be granted 3 wishes, what would they be?
- If you won the lottery today, what would you do with the money?
- What are 10 places you want to visit before you die?
- What is your favorite movie or book, which character(s) do you relate to the most?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
- What is your happiest moment? What were you doing? Who were you with, if anybody?
- If you could talk to anybody dead or alive, who would it be? What would you say?
- What movie or book best describes your life?
- What is your favorite meal? How do you make it?
- Describe your dream day. What would you do and with who, if anybody?
Journaling can be so fun and entertaining. Creating happy thoughts is a practice. Brainstorming ideas and writing them down is a great exercise for the mind. It helps clear out the lingering thoughts that are blocking your creative genius.
Use journaling to unlock the hidden gems in your head and you will learn so much about yourself in the process.